The T32 uses slightly different front dampers due to the higher load capacity. Some models that are not T32 also use this front unit. Please check if your strut matches these to determine which you need.
The kit comes in the same options and the same high quality but with heavier duty T5 fitting front dampers. The same features that make our standard T28/T30 kit the best and most durable on the market:-
- Heavy duty strut bodies – ours vary from 2mm to 3mm not 1-2mm thick like some competitors.
- 25mm main shaft as per VW specifications – not 17mm/18mm as some “coil overs” that have been converted to air.
- Proper twin tube shocks as used by VW. Ona race track there is no doubt that monotube shocks offer some advantages. On the road they offer only disadvantages, and specifically where shocks/dampers have had items welded to them and are no longer truly round and are not replaced every 1000 miles.
- Baked Powder coated for durable finish that is superior to original VW electro painted finish.
- All original hoses and sensors are incorporated as per the original VW items.
- Anti Roll Bar (Sway Bar) retained for safety, legality, and ride control.
- Large diameter bag for comfortable ride and good handing.
- We do not use VW Golf or any other under spec’d car damper and then weld fittings onto them as some other suppliers do.
- We do not omit the VW specification top thrust bearing as some others do. Removing the thrust bearing causes clonking noises, and failures of both MOT and the main strut unit if removed. You may gain 20mm of drop by removing it but failure and illegality do not make this a worthwhile saving.
These dampers are a direct 3 bolt fit onto the vehicle. Remove the old ones and install the new ones on the same fittings.
As can be seen here they retain the standard guides for brake hoses and sensors plus the original anti-roll-bar fitting.
These are very heavy duty robust dampers that just do not break.
The top CNC machined aluminium end cap is quadruple sealed with its own centring guide to ensure that it does not leak air, does not wear the sides of the seals and does not over stress the main piston (thin silver part) causing it to break.
We sell just as many front dampers to people with broken other makes of front damper as we do to people installing for the first time.
Our dampers are competitively priced and unbeatable in terms of reliability, durability and ride.
Can be ordered from standard T5 page currently.