This is a universal rear end 5 bar suspension conversion kit designed to convert a leaf spring vehicle with a solid rear axle to full air (WAV/Ambulance/Limo spec). This kit involves welding and fabrication – full support and advice is available (but see below for more info). Kit includes bars, bushes, mounting brackets, bolts, etc but these do need assembly work. This kit includes the components needed to assemble the kit, and you will be sent a version suitable for your load, spring width and spring length provided this is specified. If it is not then you will get a 60mm/1000mm version which is suitable for most vehicle up to about 3 tons.
The kit will allow you to install it as a 3 bar, 4 bar or 5 bar kit and as such you are likely to have some parts left over.
The kit includes:-
- 2 main heavy duty bars (to replace front section of leaf spring).
- 2 smaller bars as stabilisers for main bars – can be installed above parallel, inside parallel or at an angle to stabilise the rear axle.
- 1 single side mounted panard rod.
- C shaped ends for stabiliser and panard rods (6).
- Polyurethane bushes for C shaped brackets (6).
- Nuts/Bolts for C shaped brackets (6).
- Round bush housing tubes for end of bars.
- 6 part axle clamp for main heavy duty bar (assembled to be bolted into place instead of leaf spring. One for each side.
- 2 part heavy duty bag mount in 50mm x 50mm baox – cut into 90 degree angle to mount bag – this dictates the drop and helps make the kit very versatile and fit any vehicle required.
- Bracing ends for above assembly.
- Universal mounts.
- Bag mounting plates.
- 2 x Bags.
- Reasonable help and assistance by telephone or email.
Although this kit requires substantial welding to assemble the components this is little more than assembly on most vehicles as you might expect with any DIY project – its just that in this case you are not screwing together a cupboard, table or shelf but welding suspension parts. FOC heavy duty welding of your assembled kit if required – i.e. assemble it and tack it together and then send it to us for formal heavy duty welding using 450 amp welders.
Whilst this kit does require extensive welding very little of it is on the vehicle and the conversion can be done in such a way as to be totally reversible.
Note:- This kit is VERY difficult to fit and should be installed by competent individuals only. Cost £750.
For more specific information regarding the work required on this kit please see here.